Hunter aged care & disability superstars recognised
The inaugural Hunter Aged Care & Disability Achievement Awards recognised the outstanding leadership, innovation and care undertaken quietly but daily throughout the aged care and disability sector across the Hunter region.
Winners were announced at a presentation breakfast on Friday 8th July, a great opportunity for the sector to get together and celebrate the outstanding efforts of the hardworking individuals and organisations that play such a vital role in our community.
Award winners as follows:
- Residential Aged Care Facility of the Year – Avondale House (Adventist Senior Living)
- Residential Aged Care Employee of the Year – Georgina Schofield (Adventist Senior Living)
- Aged Care/Disability Sector Manager of the Year – Sue Flaherty (NDNS)
- Aged Care Innovative Project of the Year – The AVondale Intergenerational Design Project (Adventist Senior Living)
- Disability Service of the Year – Songbird Homes
- Disability Sector Employee of the Year – Kylie Tegg (The Mai-Wel Group)
- Home Care Service of the Year – intergratedliving
- Home Care Service Employee of the Year – Meredith Stephens (integratedliving)
- Volunteer of the Year – Corinne Frost (The Mai-Wel Group)
- Community/Business Group Recognition – Tender Loving Cuisine
- Culturally Diverse/Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Project of the Year – intergratedliving
- Retirement Village of the Year – Signature Gardens Retirement Resort